Handcuffs, invention from the 4th century BC In the mid-19th century, two types of cuffs were already used in England. However, they were bulky, relatively heavy and sometimes even badly fitted, so they could slip. Until now, however, they have been improved and are now lighter and easier to set up. Modern handcuffs usually consist of two rim op...
Handcuffs, invention from the 4th century BC In the mid-19th century, two types of cuffs were already used in England. However, they were bulky, relatively heavy and sometimes even badly fitted, so they could slip. Until now, however, they have been improved and are now lighter and easier to set up. Modern handcuffs usually consist of two rim openable (put on the hand or foot) and a connector, which can be a chain, hinge, hinge or steel cord. There are also completely rigid constructions. The rims of most handcuffs are equipped with a mechanism to adjust the diameter of the rim to the thickness of the hands or legs.
A well-stocked military store has in its offer the most popular types of cuffs, whose parameters differ from each other. Handcuffs are used to incapacitate and limit the movement of the limbs (upper or lower), they often have a mechanism to adjust the diameter of the rim. This tool is mainly used by people working in uniformed services against aggressive and dangerous aggressors (police handcuffs). Handcuffs can also be used by private persons for self-defense purposes, when, for example, they wait for the arrival of police and there is a need to limit the attacker's escape.
Standard equipment for police officers are handcuffs. Handcuffs intended for lower limbs are mainly used in prison. This type of handcuffs is also used when escorting persons who pose a threat to the environment, accused of committing the most serious crimes.
The military store offers various types of cuffs for sale, differing in the material of workmanship and the technique of connecting the rim and the used locks, latches, the number of hinges and bolts.
1) One-time handcuffs:
- Tape / textile - characterized by very low weight, they are easy to fold. They have a very resistant to opening the closing system and clamping block, which is extremely strong.
- Plastic - are intended for single use.
2) Reusable - most often made of stainless steel:
- Chain (chain) handcuffs - have a metal chain connecting the clamps.
- Articulated handcuffs - instead of a chain to connect both rims, a hinge was used in them, compared to the chain ones they constrain the movements more strongly.
- Stiff-rim handcuffs covering the wrists are connected by a fixed mechanism, without hinges or other elements.
- Training handcuffs - from the other types of reusable handcuffs, they are distinguished by the possibility of opening without the use of a key, they serve to learn and improve the technique of handcuffing, they are an indispensable element of training for uniformed services.
- Police handcuffs - intended for immobilizing upper limbs, most often steel ones.
The most popular and most frequently used police handcuffs are made of stainless steel. They are also used in security agencies. They are used for quick chasing and escorting. They are usually characterized by exceptional strength, for example by the ring breaking force of up to 800 kg.
The military store offers a wide range of products from which you can easily choose the one that best meets our expectations. Before buying handcuffs, you should think about what purpose they will serve us. If we need them for the purpose of training, the best solution will be training handcuffs.
Self-defense handcuffs can also be used for self-defense purposes, but they will mainly act as a deterrent. In the case of a real threat or if the attacker turns out to be strong and experienced, it may not be enough. It is worth considering the size and weight of handcuffs and your own level of advancement. For less experienced people, textile (tape) handcuffs may be more suitable and easier to use than steel, requiring skill in accurately putting on and snapping the rim. This is important because in the case of stressful situations, performing simple tasks may prove to be much more difficult and it is worth measuring your strength for intentions and estimating your skills in advance.
Regardless of the choice, the most important thing is to familiarize yourself with the operation of the handcuffs locking mechanism and practice restraint of the other person in order to be able to react quickly in an emergency. You can ask for help from a good friend or family member.Less
Follow us on Facebook